[OTDev] Antwort: Re: web application vs web services - how do you understand the difference?

Sylvia.Escher at item.fraunhofer.de Sylvia.Escher at item.fraunhofer.de
Wed Apr 13 15:48:38 CEST 2011

In my view Christophs explanation is best to understand,

Sylvia

Dr. Sylvia Escher
Fraunhofer Institute of Toxicology and Experimental Medicine (ITEM)
Chemical Risk Assessment
Group Manager Structure Activity Relationships
Nikolai-Fuchs-Strasse 1, 30625 Hannover, Germany
Tel: +49 511 5350-330, Fax: +49 511 5350-335
mailto:Sylvia.Escher at item.fraunhofer.de
www.item.fraunhofer.de

"Christoph Helma" <helma at in-silico.ch>
Gesendet von: development-bounces at opentox.org
13.04.2011 13:39
Bitte antworten an
opentox development mailing list <development at opentox.org>

An
development at opentox.org
Kopie
helma at in-silico.ch, development at opentox.org
Thema
Re: [OTDev] web application vs web services - how do you understand the
difference?

> Dear All,
>
> I would like to ask everybody, but especially non-programmers on this
list:

> How would you define the difference between web services and a web
> application in non-technical terms ?

Maybe too simplistic ...

Web application = (Graphical) Interface which allows end users to work
with
web services