[OTDev] OpenTox Online Tutorial: Predict the toxicity of a molecule using ToxPredict. (Wed, 20 April, 15:00 CEST)

Roman Affentranger roman at douglasconnect.com
Thu Apr 14 09:38:37 CEST 2011

Dear All

We are continuing our series of online seminars and interactive tutorials on
topics related to predictive toxicology using a virtual conferencing system
supporting desktop sharing and voice.

The next tutorial aims at end users who want to use the OpenTox application
ToxPredict to predict the toxicity of a molecule, or to explore existing
data in OpenTox.

The ToxPredict tutorial, taking place next *Wednesday, 20 April, 15:00 CEST*,
includes demonstration of the following functionalities:

Defining the structure
- Querying by chemical name or other identifiers
- Structure search - exact, substructure, similarity
- Uploading own set of structures and assigning access rights
- Using previously uploaded sets of structures

Running predictions
- Individually for a compound
- Batch mode

Exploring toxicity data
- Existing toxicity data (multiple endpoints) for a given compound.
- Browsing toxicity datasets.
- Reports

Following the demonstration, every participant may use the system to perform
the same activities.
Exercise outline and example files will be provided.

Requirements:
Web browser (Firefox, Internet Explorer, Chrome, Safari) with javascript
enabled
Java enabled (in order to use structure diagram editor)
Preferred, but optional : a user account on opentox.org site

Participation in these online events involves no registration fee.
For more information, as well as to register, visit
http://www.opentox.org/meet/opentoxonline.

Best regards,
Roman Affentranger

--