[OTDev] filtering resources returns empty list : 404 or 200 ?

chung chvng at mail.ntua.gr
Wed May 4 10:22:14 CEST 2011

Hi Martin, All,

I think should be 200, since the request is successful and in fact
contains the response that corresponds to the request - so everything
has gone as expected. The fact that it is empty does not raise a 404 in
my opinion. Think of it from the client side: you have a client method
like :

listResources(URI uri, SearchParam param)::List<URI> throws
ServiceInvocationException

What do you expect from this method in case the server returns an empty
list? I guess the answer is to return an *empty list* and not throw an
error.
Error 404 is to be thrown if the request is applied on a non-existing
resource like http://server.com/asdf?search=test

Best regards,
Pantelis