[OTDev] filtering resources returns empty list : 404 or 200 ?

Nina Jeliazkova jeliazkova.nina at gmail.com
Wed May 4 11:20:30 CEST 2011

Hi Pantelis, All,

"The *404* or *Not Found* error
message<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Error_message> is
a HTTP <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypertext_Transfer_Protocol> standard
response code <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_HTTP_status_codes>
indicating
that the client <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_Browser> was able to
communicate with the server, but the server could not find what was
requested. 404 errors should not be confused with
"server<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_server> not
found" or similar errors, in which a connection to the destination server
could not be made at all. A 404 error indicates that the requested resource
may be available again in the future."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_404
http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2616.txt

Now if the consensus is to have 200 in case of empty responses, I 'll not
insist of strictly following the HTTP RFC :)