[OTDev] ToxCreate integration of Ambit classification datasets

Nina Jeliazkova jeliazkova.nina at gmail.com
Fri May 6 15:41:26 CEST 2011

On 6 May 2011 16:34, Martin Guetlein <martin.guetlein at googlemail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, May 6, 2011 at 3:23 PM, Nina Jeliazkova <jeliazkova.nina at gmail.com
> > wrote:
>
>> Hi Martin,
>>

>> On 6 May 2011 15:57, Martin Guetlein <martin.guetlein at googlemail.com>wrote:
>>

>>> Hi Nina,
>>>
>>> I noticed the following, the property ot:acceptValue of feature/21573 is
>>> available here:
>>>
>>> curl http://apps.ideaconsult.net:8080/ambit2/dataset/9 -H
>>> "accept:application/turtle"
>>>
>>>    <ot:Feature rdf:about="
>>> http://apps.ideaconsult.net:8080/ambit2/feature/21573">
>>>     <rdf:type rdf:resource="
>>> http://www.opentox.org/api/1.1#NominalFeature"></rdf:type>
>>>     <ot:acceptValue>3.0</ot:acceptValue>
>>>     <ot:acceptValue>1.0</ot:acceptValue>
>>>     <ot:acceptValue>2.0</ot:acceptValue>
>>>     <rdf:type rdf:resource="
>>> http://www.opentox.org/api/1.1#NumericFeature"></rdf:type>
>>>     <dc:creator>http://www.epa.gov/NCCT/dsstox/sdf_isscan_external.html
>>> </dc:creator>
>>>     <ot:hasSource>ISSCAN_v3a_1153_19Sept08.1222179139.sdf</ot:hasSource>
>>>     <owl:sameAs rdf:resource="
>>> http://www.opentox.org/echaEndpoints.owl#Carcinogenicity"></owl:sameAs>
>>>     <ot:units></ot:units>
>>>     <dc:title>Canc</dc:title>
>>>
>>> but its missing here:
>>>
>>> curl http://apps.ideaconsult.net:8080/ambit2/dataset/9/features -H
>>> "accept:application/turtle"
>>>
>>>   <ot:NumericFeature rdf:about="feature/21573">
>>>     <dc:creator>http://www.epa.gov/NCCT/dsstox/sdf_isscan_external.html
>>> </dc:creator>
>>>     <ot:hasSource
>>> rdf:resource="dataset/ISSCAN_v3a_1153_19Sept08.1222179139.sdf"/>
>>>     <owl:sameAs rdf:resource="
>>> http://www.opentox.org/echaEndpoints.owl#Carcinogenicity"/>
>>>     <ot:units></ot:units>
>>>     <dc:title>Canc</dc:title>
>>>     <rdf:type rdf:resource="
>>> http://www.opentox.org/api/1.1#NominalFeature"/>
>>>     <rdf:type rdf:resource="http://www.opentox.org/api/1.1#Feature"/>
>>>   </ot:NumericFeature>
>>>
>>> I would need acceptValue for validation purposes (and our dataset parsing
>>> routine uses the latter request for feature metadata). Could you fix that?
>>>

>> It will be not trivial, because ot:acceptValue depends on the dataset ...
>> You do receive the acceptValue when receiving the dataset though, so you
>> should have this information.
>>
>> Nina
>>

> Hmm, but should not the acceptValue (e.g. the domain of a nominal feature)
> be independent of a dataset?

Agree this would be more correct.  The current implementation is more
optimized from performance point of view, to avoid finding all possible
values if just feature metadata is requested.  And (imho) should be more or
less consistent with the "open world concept " of RDF , that a particular
representation  doesn't necessary contain all possible triples.

Anyway, I am aware of the inconvenience, and working on allowing adding
almost arbitrary metadata to the features, but this is not yet deployed.

> I already noticed that your implementation works differently, as the accept
> value of the feature differs when limiting the number of compounds (
> http://apps.ideaconsult.net:8080/ambit2/dataset/9?max=1<http://apps.ideaconsult.net:8080/ambit2/dataset/9>instead of http://apps.ideaconsult.net:8080/ambit2/dataset/9
> ) <http://apps.ideaconsult.net:8080/ambit2/dataset/9>

Indeed.

best regards,