[OTDev] Representing parameters with optional values ...

surajit ray mr.surajit.ray at gmail.com
Sat May 14 08:13:53 CEST 2011

Hi Nina, All,

For the algorithm API we have to attach parameters which are
represented with a scope, a default value (with type) , and the name
and description.

However some parameters may not have a default value. For example if
the default value is a function of another set of parameters OR it is
evaluated runtime (although may be overriden by a fixed value by the
user). In such cases there will be no default value. In this case how
to we mention the XSD TYPE. (See the comented line below).

            Individual parameter31 =
jenaModel.createIndividual(OT.OTClass.Parameter.getOntClass(jenaModel));
            //parameter31.addLiteral(OT.paramValue,
jenaModel.createTypedLiteral("", XSDDatatype.XSDfloat));
            parameter31.addLiteral(OT.paramScope,
jenaModel.createTypedLiteral("optional", XSDDatatype.XSDstring));
            parameter31.addLiteral(DC.title,
jenaModel.createTypedLiteral("integer_float_cutoff",
XSDDatatype.XSDstring));
            parameter31.addLiteral(DC.description,
jenaModel.createTypedLiteral("If Integer or Float Feature what is the
cutoff ? Float value required ", XSDDatatype.XSDstring));
            MCSSFinder.addProperty(OT.parameters, parameter31);

To put it simply ...Since the type is associated in the declaration of
the default value, what is the mechanism to mention the type when
there is no default value ?

Thanx
Surajit