[OTDev] AA Services Infrastructure: Upgrade

Andreas Maunz andreas at maunz.de
Thu Jul 21 15:29:57 CEST 2011

Dear all,

extensive tests have been conducted using late versions of OpenAM and
the policy management software. Through source code improvments and
server configuration enhancements by Nina and Vedrin, combined with
more powerful hardware, we have found a setup that yields a significant
performance gain compared to the production machine. Thus, in
accordance with discussions in the development meetings, we propose to
switch to the new setup on

Saturday, July 30, 2011, 10:00 CEST

IMPORTANT: No policies from the current production system can be
automatically transferred to the new system due to a bug in OpenAM.
This means that you must download and save any policies you want to
retain, and restore them on the new service. A command line tool that
may support you is available from
http://vedina.github.com/opentox-aa-cli/. The shutdown of the old
production service will be announced separately, and will happen not
long after the above date.
Otherwise, no action is required from your side, since switching will
simply happen by altering the DNS entry for opensso.in-silico.ch (the
AA service host name).

If you are interested in the optimizations mentioned above, for
example for setting up your own AA service using OpenAM, please visit
the updated guide on
http://www.opentox.org/dev/documentation/Guidance%20on%20Using%20AA/.

Best regards
Andreas