[OTDev] Shutdown of previous AA server

Nina Jeliazkova jeliazkova.nina at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 09:58:09 CEST 2011

Hi Andreas, Egon,

On 3 August 2011 10:41, Andreas Maunz <andreas at maunz.de> wrote:

> Hi Egon,
>
> good argument, I will delay the shutdown until after the meeting and
> announce another date then (no problem to delay that).

Agree, although it doesn't really matter, as the tokens from the two
services are not interchangeable. If you get a token from the old one, you
will not be able to access resources guarded by the second one.

The reason for running the old server is to allow those who hadn't
transferred the policies to the new one, to complete this job.

However, I would suggest a test shutdown for e.g. few hours during this
week, to ensure that everybody access the same server, there are no
misconfigured / preconfigured AA services entries by IP instead of domain
name, etc.