[OTDev] URGENT: Testing & Evaluation - Toxcreate - only lazar

Christoph Helma helma at in-silico.de
Wed Oct 26 10:58:33 CEST 2011

Starting a new thread from a semi-private conversation.

On Wed, 26 Oct 2011 10:01:51 +0200, Barry Hardy <barry.hardy at douglasconnect.com> wrote:
> I don't this is a good argument for ToxCreate. It might be for say
> "Christoph's lazar application" or a controlled "ToxReachModeller".
>
>  From the point of view of the ToxCreate Use Case, and OpenTox and a
> component-based design, in my opinion, the application should allow the
> user to select the algorithm.

ToxCreate should be a simple tool for novice users (without an
understanding of algorithms and parameters).  How can we expect that a
novice user makes an informed decision if even we (i.e.  the experts)
cannot provide better alternatives?

Christoph

PS We have been discussing a medium-level GUI with selection of
algorithms and parameters from the beginning, but I have always clearly
stated that we will not have the resources to implement that in
ToxCreate. Anyone who is interested can take our opento-ruby library and
wrap a GUI around it.