[OTDev] TUM is JGU now / servers

Stefan Kramer kramer at informatik.uni-mainz.de
Tue May 8 17:06:31 CEST 2012

Dear Colleagues,

let me briefly answer earlier mails on our servers:

- My group has moved completely to JGU (Johannes Gutenberg University
Mainz) in the meantime. The TUM servers may still be running, but I do
not have information about details. Sooner or later we will have OpenTox
servers running here, at the moment, however, we are still in the
process of building up our own infrastructure. Teaching has just started
again, Jörg is finishing his PhD, Andreas is still guest professor at
Sapienza this month, etc., so I cannot really promise a date.

- Wearing my software engineering hat (6 years at Software and Systems
Engineering, Siemens AG Austria), I have to say that the OpenTox
infrastructure should not rely on a single server physically running
somewhere or not. I do not remember the details, but I also would not
build a software or GUI in a way that some services are offered although
they are known to be not available at a certain point in time. Can we
reduce the dependence on specific servers running somewhere in the near
future? There may be many ways of doing so.

Kind regards from Mayence,
Stefan

Am 28.04.2012 13:16, schrieb Vedrin Jeliazkov:
>  Hi Dmitry, Pantelis, All,
>
>  Thanks a lot for your prompt response. I've verified that IBMC's and
>  NTUA's models are running fine now when launched from
>  http://toxpredict.org/
>
>  The only remaining pending issue that I'm aware of is the
>  unavailability of TUM web services:
>
>  OpenTox model created with TUM's J48 model learning web service for
>  Micronucleus Data.

http://opentox-dev.informatik.tu-muenchen.de:8080/OpenTox-dev/model/TUMOpenToxModel_j48_3

[500] Connection refused

http://opentox-dev.informatik.tu-muenchen.de:8080/OpenTox-dev/model/TUMOpenToxModel_kNN_10

[500] Connection refused

>  OpenTox model created with TUM's kNNregression model learning web
>  service for carcinogenicity

http://opentox-dev.informatik.tu-muenchen.de:8080/OpenTox-dev/model/TUMOpenToxModel_kNN_13

[500] Connection refused