[OTDev] Bugtracking for Opentox Website

Micha Rautenberg mr at mrautenberg.de
Thu Sep 17 09:14:00 CEST 2009

Dear Andreas et al,

The Problem with the PloneCollectorNG is the compatibility with Plone 3
(we use plone 3.2.3)
On the PloneCollectorNG website
(http://www.zopyx.com/projects/plonecollectorng) you find the following
status description:

Status

    * PloneCollectorNG requires Plone 2.1 or Plone 2.5. It won't run on
      Plone 3.X.
    * Making PloneCollectorNG compatible with Plone 3 will require a
      substantial amount of work. This will only happen if there is a
      substantial third-party funding available.

<<<<

If we only want to use an issue tracker, we can use POI (a plone issue
tracker http://plone.org/products/poi). We have one under
http://www.opentox.org/partners/issues (It still needs some finetuning).
You all may have a look if it will solve our needs.
If we want to use a "real" bug-tracking system we have to use non-plone
solutions like Bugzilla (http://www.bugzilla.org/) or Mantis
(http://www.mantisbt.org/).
Anyway we have to think about our needs and possibilities: Who shall be
able to post bugs, who is responsible, who solves the bug,
mailing-workflow and so on.

Greetings,

Micha