[OTDev] Website structure

Barry Hardy barry.hardy at douglasconnect.com
Wed Oct 7 14:48:04 CEST 2009

Dear Christoph, All:

I have taken the feedback into account and enclose below a suggested
updated OpenTox top level public site structure. Further feedback welcome.

One requirement (important at least to me :)) - is that the main top
levels stay stable and on the time scale of years I hope. (We already
have a nightmare job of lots of broken links to fix in existing
reports/documents from Year 1.)

I also summarise below the main suggestions made in Rome during the site
breakout discussion which I will discuss with Micha this afternoon.

Barry

Updated OpenTox Site Structure

- About (with a more...)
- Reading Room (reports, papers, presentations..)
- FP7 (FP7 project-related)
- REACH
- Web Site Guidance (organised for different user types)
- Mailing List (General Interest)

Toxicity Applications
- Overview
- Toxicity Prediction
- Model Creation
- User Feedback

OpenTox Blog

Development
- OpenTox Framework
• Algorithms
• Data Management
• Ontology
• Reporting
• Standards
• Validation
- API
- Documentation
- Mailing List (Technical)
- Requirements/Use Cases
- Web Services
• Directory of Services by category
• Testing

OpenToxipedia
- User Guidance
- Latest Entries
- Vocabulary (including a nice way to have multiple view types on terms
including search)

Feedback from dsicussion in Rome:

• Clarify difference between Home/Partners and Partners areas.
• Remove WP1/use cases area as now have Partners/Use Cases area
• Try to reduce number of navigation items on pages (menus at top of
pages, LHS navigation bars)
• Consider a renaming of the Data folder (this is the area where
Documents are located)
• Could we create a small tagline that communicates the essence of the
website?
• Could we simplify document management and display menus?
• Remove term “Navigation” from Navigation bar
• Could we add an automated registry to OpenToxipedia? Could we add an
A-Z view?
• There are two types of history links – can they be distinguished?
• Do we need OpenTox logo on both top and bottom of pages?
• What design improvements could we make with pages? (e.g., have
designer work on templates)