[OTDev] Website structure

Christoph Helma helma at in-silico.de
Wed Oct 7 16:11:35 CEST 2009

Excerpts from Barry Hardy's message of Wed Oct 07 14:48:04 +0200 2009:
> Dear Christoph, All:
>
> I have taken the feedback into account and enclose below a suggested
> updated OpenTox top level public site structure. Further feedback welcome.
>
> One requirement (important at least to me :)) - is that the main top
> levels stay stable and on the time scale of years I hope. (We already
> have a nightmare job of lots of broken links to fix in existing
> reports/documents from Year 1.)
>
> I also summarise below the main suggestions made in Rome during the site
> breakout discussion which I will discuss with Micha this afternoon.
>
> Barry
>
> Updated OpenTox Site Structure

I would

- make the web site guidance more prominent under Home (more interesting for most
  readers than the FP7 stuff)
- move the webservices to applications (because they are already working
  - development should be for new developments)
- the blog could also appear under Home to save top level entries (but thats a matter of taste and depends on how frequently the blog is updated)
- rename Toxicity Applications to OpenTox Applications

- About (with a more...)
- Web Site Guidance (organised for different user types)
- OpenTox Blog
- Reading Room (reports, papers, presentations..)
- FP7 (FP7 project-related)
- REACH
- Mailing List (General Interest)

OpenTox Applications
- Overview
- Toxicity Prediction
- Model Creation
- Web Services
• Directory of Services by category
- User Feedback

Development
- Framework Description
• Algorithms
• Data Management
• Ontology
• Reporting
• Standards
• Validation
- API
- Documentation
- Mailing List (Technical)
- Requirements/Use Cases
• Testing

OpenToxipedia
- User Guidance
- Latest Entries
- Vocabulary (including a nice way to have multiple view types on terms
including search)