[OTDev] Updated OpenTox Website structure

Barry Hardy barry.hardy at douglasconnect.com
Fri Nov 13 10:33:20 CET 2009

Hi Micha:

The updated website structure can I think can be very similar to what we
came up with a few weeks ago but I suggest:
a. we need a "test web services" section under Development for alpha
test web services (and we could subsequently look at how we might add
some form submission/template/alert/test results management process there)
b. blog can I think stay at top level (and we should use this more in
time for any posts of general interest)

The OpenToxipedia section next steps will depend on what we decide with
regards to an ontology development approach/platform, .. but perhaps we
can do an intermediate step now with regards to publishing status/view
(as you worked on) so it does not look as dysfunctional as it currently
does (e.g., nothing yet published from IBMC work).

The updated top level web site structure would be as listed below.

You can contact me here today on any of this, plus I also have set aide
next Weds 15.00 - for a working session with you.

Barry

- About (with a more...)
- Web Site Guidance (organised for different user types)
- Reading Room (reports, papers, presentations..)
- FP7 (FP7 project-related)
- REACH
- Mailing List (General Interest)

OpenTox Applications
- Overview
- Toxicity Prediction
- Model Creation
- Web Services
• Directory of Services by category
- User Feedback

OpenTox Blog

Development
- Framework Description
• Algorithms
• Data Management
• Ontology
• Reporting
• Standards
• Validation
- API
- Documentation
• Components
- Mailing List (Technical)
- Requirements/Use Cases
- Testing
• Test Web Services
• Test Results

OpenToxipedia
- User Guidance
- Latest Entries
- Vocabulary (including a nice way to have multiple view types on terms
including search)

Barry

Excerpts from Barry Hardy's message of Wed Oct 07 14:48:04 +0200 2009:
> Dear Christoph, All:
>
> I have taken the feedback into account and enclose below a suggested
> updated OpenTox top level public site structure. Further feedback welcome.
>
> One requirement (important at least to me :)) - is that the main top
> levels stay stable and on the time scale of years I hope. (We already
> have a nightmare job of lots of broken links to fix in existing
> reports/documents from Year 1.)
>
> I also summarise below the main suggestions made in Rome during the site
> breakout discussion which I will discuss with Micha this afternoon.
>
> Barry
>
> Updated OpenTox Site Structure

I would

- make the web site guidance more prominent under Home (more interesting
for most
   readers than the FP7 stuff)
- move the webservices to applications (because they are already working
   - development should be for new developments)
- the blog could also appear under Home to save top level entries (but
thats a matter of taste and depends on how frequently the blog is updated)
- rename Toxicity Applications to OpenTox Applications

- About (with a more...)
- Web Site Guidance (organised for different user types)
- OpenTox Blog