[OTDev] RDF, APIs and ontologies

Nina Jeliazkova nina at acad.bg
Wed Nov 11 14:54:42 CET 2009

Dear Christoph, All,

I would suggest to start with an example.  Before Friday meeting it will
be good if we have specific idea how to represent features in RDF .  We
can consider BO ontology for descriptors and preliminary ontology for
carcinogenicity Olga Tcheremenskaia showed yesterday during the online
meeting.

So far we have identified the following information is necessary to
describe a feature

1)Name
2)Units
3)Data type (numeric, string, etc.)
4)Where the feature originates from: - this can be an algorithm used to
calculate,a model, measurement protocol, literature reference,or another
data source.

RDF suggestions to represent this information are welcome.