[OTDev] Is OpenTox service registering into an ontology service? Which one?

Nina Jeliazkova jeliazkova.nina at gmail.com
Wed Oct 20 10:13:00 CEST 2010

Hi All,

On 19 October 2010 17:18, Tobias Girschick <tobias.girschick at in.tum.de>wrote:

> Hi Nina,
>
> I am not sure I get the whole thing. Just to clarify. If I issue a GET
> on, e.g., TUMserver/algorithm/CDK/sparqlendpoint the result would be the
> URI of all ontology servers the algorithm is registered with?

Thinking again, it will likely be overkill to have for every single instance
of REST resource (e.g. have /algorithm/{id}/sparqlendpoint ) .

However,  at the top level (e.g. /algorithm/sparqlendpoint  ) should be
ok.   Thus, it by definition the returned url should not be interpreted as
the ontology service, all algorithms are registered with (some may be, some
not) , but merely a pointer to the sparql endpoint some of the sub-resources
might be found.

If the client doesn't find anything at the sparqlendpoint, then it always
has an option to establish its own ;)

Does this make sense for both service and client developers ?

> Point 3) is done "automatically" on registering with an ontology
> service?

This could get more complicated when introducing authn/authz ...