[OTDev] Is OpenTox service registering into an ontology service? Which one?

Egon Willighagen egon.willighagen at gmail.com
Wed Oct 20 10:36:29 CEST 2010

On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 10:13 AM, Nina Jeliazkova
<jeliazkova.nina at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 19 October 2010 17:18, Tobias Girschick <tobias.girschick at in.tum.de>wrote:
>> I am not sure I get the whole thing. Just to clarify. If I issue a GET
>> on, e.g., TUMserver/algorithm/CDK/sparqlendpoint the result would be the
>> URI of all ontology servers the algorithm is registered with?
>
> Thinking again, it will likely be overkill to have for every single instance
> of REST resource (e.g. have /algorithm/{id}/sparqlendpoint ) .
>
> However,  at the top level (e.g. /algorithm/sparqlendpoint  ) should be
> ok.   Thus, it by definition the returned url should not be interpreted as
> the ontology service, all algorithms are registered with (some may be, some
> not) , but merely a pointer to the sparql endpoint some of the sub-resources
> might be found.

I had originally in mind to actually have only one /sparqlendpoint per
'OpenTox API server/service'... so, when I originally wrote:

/service/sparqlendpoint

I meant to have a subfolder *literally*, just like "/algorithm"

One service could indeed also be just "/sparqlendpoint"

But your proposal may perhaps be useful, to have different sparql
endpoints for the various parts of the OpenTox API...

Anyway, I would be more than happy with one REST service returning
relevant SPARQL end points...

Egon

--
Dr E.L. Willighagen