[OTDev] API 1.2 discussions today

Christoph Helma helma at in-silico.ch
Mon Dec 20 16:49:54 CET 2010

Dear all,

Here is a quick summary of our discussions today, I am posting it to the
developers list, because I think it is of general interest to all
developers:

Excerpts from Christoph Helma's message of Mon Dec 20 10:43:29 +0100 2010:
>   - fixed (a few) typos, layout, numberings, etc
>   - moved algorithm superservice to Algorithms
>   - moved applicability domain to Algorithms
>   - moved substructure examples to Features and Dataset examples
>   - moved model superservice to Models, model superservice is now a model not an algorithm as in Ninas proposal

Needs more discussion. As a starting point I will post an example of our implementation on
the developers list.

>   - removed A+A (subjectid) from tasks

Malicious deletion of tasks should be prevented at the implementation
level.

> Undecided issues:
>
>   - Multi-valued parameters
>   - Parameters and service_uris f superservice

Will be discussed at the mailing list together with superservices.

>   - Error reports

Examples should go into the Task API (Pantelis), extension of OpenTox
ontology (Nina).

>   - Compound search: to Compound or Ontology service, general Query interface?

Could go into the Compound or Algorithm API (Ninas decision).

>   - Partial delete

Already in the Dataset API. Possible technical problems of providing too many parameters will be addressed when they arise in practise.

>   - POST/PUT for descriptor calculation

I have checked: PUT operations for dataset subsets are already in the dataset API.

>   - JSON/YAML support (common datastructure?)

Will not be covered by API 1.2, individual developers may provide their own
implementation.

As a reminder: