[OTDev] Fwd: Re: Your contribution to the Toxicology Ontology Roadmap

Barry Hardy barry.hardy at douglasconnect.com
Mon Feb 21 23:05:56 CET 2011

Was discussing this topic with Ola and we both agreed we should open it
up for discussion to OpenTox developers.  Your feedback to Ola very welcome!

Barry

On 20 feb 2011, at 19.18, Barry Hardy wrote:

>  Thanks Ola.
>
>  I had a thought/question - you/Egon made initial progress on getting
>  OpenTox services talking to Bioclipse client; what about the reverse
>  problem: what would be needed for data, algs, models in Bioclipse to
>  talk with OpenTox?

Hi,

Me and Lars at AZ thought about it too and agreed it would be nice
project. However I think it requires some work, but I don´t know the
status of the latest OpenTox frameworks for publishing models online.
Are there any SDKs available for this? The AMBIT server seems more a
proof-of-concept than an actual framework to use (needs to be recompiled
for adding services). ToxOtis is more for clients if I understand it
correctly. Does it exist some thing like SADI has for building services
(http://sadiframework.org/content/getting-involved/)? A plugin for
Protege or Java service skeleton would be very nice to have... The best
way would be if it would be possible to drop services into a container
(such as copying a WAR file into tomcat) and the application server
would set up the rest for you. If nothing like this exist then I propose
a solution based on OSGi for dynamically adding models to a running
server instance. Maybe you can elaborate on the current status of things?

Cheers,

/Ola