[OTDev] combine AD and prediction algorithms

Nina Jeliazkova jeliazkova.nina at gmail.com
Mon Jan 2 11:45:43 CET 2012

Hi Martin,All,

Happy new year to all!

On 2 January 2012 12:24, Martin Guetlein <martin.guetlein at googlemail.com>wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> First of all, I wish you all a happy new year 2012.
>
> We want to use generic OpenTox prediction models. Alongside the normal
> prediciton value, we want to get a measure of how well the predicted
> compound fits the AD of training dataset (similar to the lazar confidence).
>
> Did someone try this before?
> @Nina, is it possible to use this service for that:?
> http://apps.ideaconsult.net:8080/ambit2/algorithm/superservice

Yes, it should be possible. AD are regular OpenTox algorithms/models, just
replace the model URI with AD model URI.

> In case there is nothing availble yet, I would try to wrap a prediction
> algorithm and one of ambits AD algorithms:
>
> http://apps.ideaconsult.net:8080/ambit2/algorithm?type=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.opentox.org%2FalgorithmTypes.owl%23AppDomain
> Any thoughts / opinions on this approach?

Fine, if it suits your purposes.

Just to remind AD algorithms here are not dependent of the model itself,
only on the training set.  E.g. having trained an AD algorithm with a
given dataset, you'll get the same results , regardless of the model used.